Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment-Application Link and Positions
Information about the Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment, how you can apply, requirement, important things you need to know about the process and many other things pertaining to the exercise will be communicated to you in this article. So make sure you stay put. Take your time and read through this article carefully to avoid mistakes.
About Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH)
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant with the overarching objective of accelerating TB case notification in the state. As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry is legally responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring attainment of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out these functions. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, SASCP, and RSSH) within the ministry, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is efficiently managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The management of Lagos State Ministry of Health is now recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily entry of client’s details on the CAD (Computer-aided diagnosis) data management system for the Radiographer.
- Ensure timely and accurate daily entry of project data.
- Ensure accurate and efficient tracking of forms.
- Update daily data stats and registers.
- Ensure neat and accurate filling of data forms including collation of presumptive, those sent for sputum testing, and positive TB cases (both bacteriological and clinical).
- Resolve data queries raised with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Print all abnormal x-rays and reports and give them to the relevant clinical/monitoring teams (on demand).
- Report any unusual events during the screening period.
- Carry out Data verification and Quality Assurance checks.
- Assist the Principal Recipient (PR – Lagos State TB Control Program) in generating reports to meet reporting deadlines for the Donor (Global Funds).
- Assist with other project related tasks if required.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that is target-driven and result-orientated.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications
To be considered for the position,ensure you meet the minimum criteria below:
- HND / B.Sc in Health Information Management, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- Knowledge of TB and HIV Disease Programs will be an added advantage
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Experience in implementing Data Quality Audit in Health Programs
- Experience in Data Governance and Compliance
- Minimum of two years work experience in data management in public health projects
- Proficiency in Spreadsheet and Database Management
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with TB screening or other health screening programs
- Flexibility across a range of field and office-related tasks
How to Apply for Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline for Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment
The closing date for Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment is 20th October, 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.