General Services Assistant Recruitment at the U.S. Embassy- The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment/Vacancy/Career Opportunity
The U.S. Embassy is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Services Assistant – All Interested Candidates (GSO Assistant)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-080
Appointment Type: Permanent
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 7
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- The incumbent serves as the Assistant to the Supervisory General Officer (S/GSO), and two General Services Officers (GSO).
- Incumbent provides day-to-day administrative management and support oversight of GSO operations, including drafting correspondences, maintaining files, receiving/escorting victors, making travel arrangements and maintaining appointment calendars.
- Coordinates the Time and Attendance for the GSO staff and assists with the coordination of the Meetings of GSO sub-sections.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Public Administration, Law and Criminology, Business Related Studies, Secretarial Studies, Sociology or related fields is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in administrative and in a customer-focused work environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and office procedures is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria customs and working practices (e.g. cultivating relationship with government and private sector contact, bargaining practices), as well as a general structure of Nigerian administrative offices is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
- Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate and Exemption document
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply For This U.S. Embassy Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2022.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!