Would you like to apply for this job? See full details of the job below and apply only if you are qualified and interested in the job.
WHO Recruitment Portal/Careers Website
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
WHO is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Protocol Assistant
Job ID: 2205039
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The travel subunit is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing WHO travel policies and ensuring effective and efficient coordination of all official travel of WHO staff members, consultants and visitors in accordance with WHO financial regulations
Description Of Duties
- Liaise with the Airport and Customs as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials and arrange reception of WHO visitors.
- Assist with immigration formalities and transportation.
- Assist staff and their family members at the Airport on initial recruitment.
- Process requests for Special I.D. Cards (resident permits) and visas from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Immigration Authorities
- Liaise with Transport Officers regarding transportation for staff/consultants from/to the Airport and hotels.
- Assist in processing of passports, visas with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies etc and obtain clearances for travel outside duty station.
- Assist staff members in obtaining Customs Clearance upon separation from the Organization.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
RECOMMENDED- UNESCO Mid-Level Professionals Programme 2022/2023
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School Education
- Desirable: Post Graduate Degree in Management
- Essential: At least 8 years’ experience in Prior experience in Travel and Protocol
- Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Administration would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of the tourism and related industry.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
- Good Communication, drafting and reporting skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 9,683,571 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply for Travel Protocol Assistant at WHO
All interested and qualified candidates should click: APPLY ONLINE
Application Deadline 10:59 PM; 12th June, 2022.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!