The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Passport and Citizenship Assistant
U.S. Embassy is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Passport and Citizenship Assistant – All Interested Candidates (American Citizenship and Passport Assistant)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent reports to the American Citizen Services (ACS) Chief, and is one of two local staff citizenship and passport assistants, providing the full range of emergency and non-emergency American Citizen Services, including a variety of moderately difficult tasks relating to passport and citizenship, federal benefits, welfare and whereabouts, birth, deaths, and arrests.
- Maintains contact with host government officials, as well as police, immigration, and prison authorities needed to extend aid and support U.S. citizens in crisis or times of emergency.
- Employee will serve as the consular cashier on a rotational basis.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience involving public contact, customer service, and application of regulatory material is required.
- Good knowledge of computer skills and sound knowledge of operating procedures and all areas of consular work is required.
- The employee must have clear understanding of Nigerian law, practices, and general environment.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Management, Law, Sociology, or Social Work is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English is required. Fluent speaking/reading/writing in any local Nigerian language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- The employees must exercise tact and careful handling in dealing with the public under difficult and sensitive circumstances and must have the ability to work in a high-stress, high volume production environment.
- They must be able to draft correspondence in precise and correct English.
- They must learn the complex and specialized software programs required to perform all aspects of consular work.
- The employee must have the ability to understand regulatory documents such as 7 and 8 FAM and citizenship sections of the Immigration and Nationality Act
- The employee must be able to manipulate large volumes of diverse data to identify trends and must be able to perform rapid database searches to obtain critical information quickly in an emergency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
NGN 8,664,538 (USD 43,507) / Annum
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (or transcript)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption
How to Apply for U.S. Embassy in Nigeria Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should:
APPLY TO THIS VACANCY
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Application Deadline 14th June, 2022.