WAEC Recruitment 2023/2024 Form Portal – Application Link & How to Apply
The 2023 WAEC recruitment application portal is now enabled for online applications. See the application process, recruitment form, entry requirements, WAEC recruitment qualifications, and other registration processes for interested candidates below.
The West African Examinations Council is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required in the public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.
We hereby invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in its Nigeria National Office and WAEC International Office, Lagos Nigeria.
If your interested in becoming WAEC Examiner marking scrips (booklet), registration is on click the link to register.
First, a committee of experts draws up a marking guide. All appointed examiners are then thoroughly drilled in all aspects of the marking scheme in a simulated marking exercise called co-ordination. Actual marking does not start until the coordinating officers are satisfied that all examiners know what is required of them. Even when actual marking begins, the examiners are not left entirely on their own.
They are organised into small groups, each being supervised by a highly experienced examiner called a Team Leader. The Team Leader checks and vets the group members’ marking progressively to ensure that they are keeping to the guidelines.
The Team Leaders themselves are supervised by more experienced examiners called Chief Examiners. When marking is finally completed, WAEC still goes ahead to employ another group of people called Checkers. The main role of Checkers is to ensure that all marks awarded by examiners are correctly recorded and transferred to the appropriate score sheets.
WAEC Recruitment Requirement 2023
To demonstrate that you are qualified to go through the recruitment process, there are some conditions you must possess before submitting an application. Here are the criteria.
- Qualification for appointing Examiners for The West African Examinations Council marking exercise
- Possess a minimum of first degree or its equivalent in a field related to the subject he/she wishes to examine;
- Have a minimum of two years post- NYSC teaching experience preferably a Senior Secondary School;
- Possess thorough knowledge of the subject he/she wishes to examine; Check Eligibility
- Complete the prescribed application form; Prospective Examiners
- Come along with the credentials to the marking centre for sighting and attach photocopies to the completed application form;
- He/She must be a person of high integrity, therefore there must be an attestation to his/her character from the current employer
How to Apply for WAEC Recruitment 2023 (WAEC Examiner marking scrips (booklet))
To begin application, visit:http://examiners.waecnigeria.org/Examiner/NewExaminer
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!