Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment Application Portal
The Lafarge Africa Plc recruitment application portal is now fully open. More details on Lafarge Africa Plc recruitment form, qualifications, requirements, and other related information you may wish to know is on this page.
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator, Readymix
Location: Opebi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Requisition ID: 1264
- The role is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all logistics, transport, and logistics safety-related activities such as fleet safety, deployment, utilization, and distribution performance management within the Aggregates and Concrete function and in line with Lafarge Africa Plc’s (LAP) standards.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Logistics Strategy Implementation:
- Responsible for the implementation of safe inbound and outbound logistics operations across the ReadyMix function.
- Responsible for monitoring the deliveries of the Products on the date and within the delivery window or within the Journey management plan for the route
- General responsibility for road (logistics) safety operations and transporter safety management process… including improving transporter maturity along corporate standards. End game of which is to ensure that all transporters meet all safety KPIs including but not limited to injury rate, fatality rate, high risk driver rate and other driving violations
- Tracking of Service Resources – 100%: Ensures the Transporters’ Services resources are equipped with tracking devices to enable the Company visibility and tracking of its Products under this Agreement. And shall conduct a quarterly assessment of these KPI and make recommendations to Lafarge on the KPI.
- Responsible for the implementation of LAP strategies for third-party (3PL) logistics providers and fleet under the trucking strategy scheme and similar future schemes
- Ensure coordination of all transport & distribution planning, routing and Implement load scheduling with a view to optimizing trucking asset cycle time and fleet cost.
- Responsible for accurate reporting and Interpretation of data to identify trends in monitoring of the activities of the dedicated Lafarge trucks and other contracted trucks
- Works with the Logistics Controller in monitoring and analyzing the performance of the contracted trucks with a view to achieving the projected savings of the full-year transport cost
- Carrier Performance: Ensures the dedicated transporters provide in a timely manner an adequate number of service resources to achieve the minimum trips/truck and cost savings in accordance with the provisions of the agreement, the Service Specification, and the Company’s requirements
- Implement the transport operations and monitor various activities of the Unit as well as the safe transportation of Readymix concrete from the company to the scheduled delivery location
- Responsible for the implementation of optimal truck utilization, lead the inbound and Outbound logistics coordination for the Operations, dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles, transporters’ relationship management
- Leads investigation and resolution of issues surrounding delays, customer and transporter complaints across the Regions
- Ensure coordination of all transport planning, routing and Implement load scheduling with a view to achieving a good truck cycle time for from the other transporter
- Works with the Health & Safety Manager in the implementation of 5 pillars of logistics – Contractor management; vehicle management; driver management; Journey management and Load Management with a view to developing our transporters to 5 star and promoting safety management system through transporters’ safety audits.
- Real-time Monitoring of Trucks and visibility
- Escalate all delay associated with the trucks under the trucking strategy both at customer site and in-plant
- Performance Management – Data Capturing and reporting, data analysis (daily, weekly and monthly delay per truck /trip /customer) and value identification
- Manages and executes supply chain and transport-related projects
- Driving supply chain optimization duties and initiatives across the organizational enterprise;
- Sales, number of people, budget, volumes, etc.
List of Direct Reports:
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal: Operations SCM, safety department, planning, customer service, sales, production, Distribution
- External: customers, transport companies and logistic providers
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Safety indicators
- Logistic costs (inbound & outbound)
- OTIF – On time Deliveries and In Full
- On time Loading
- Truck Visibility
- Minimum BSc. degree, preferably in Business-related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Supply Chain, logistics or Transport planning
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Business ERP
- Experience of managing external contractors
- Have a proven track record of working closely with commercial teams, sales and operational teams
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Understanding of Supply Chain and its various functions as well as logistic process & scheduling.
- Ability to interpret financial data and estimate costs (analytical skills)
- Capability to drive Lafarge safety standards within logistics and transportation activities.
- Adherence to safety policies and regulations
- Ability to manage change in a busy environment
- Continuous improvement
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours per day in case of emergency (personal involvement and openness)
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Pro-active, stress-resistant
- Time management
- Operational mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply