SPIE Oil and Gas Services Recruitment for Senior Safety Engineer- See everything you need to know about SPIE Oil and Gas Services Recruitment for available position, eligibility criteria, requirements, and how to apply here as you read on.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
Our company is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Safety Engineer M/F
Job Reference ID: 2023-31352
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
Contract type: Temporary work contract
- SPIE Services Nigeria Limited is looking for profiles to fill the position of Senior Safety Engineer. His/her responsibilities shall include:
Ensure compliance to applicable local / international regulations and Company referential:
- Make input on Technical Safety documents for facilities /assets design, operation and abandonment, in conformity with Group, Industry and Statutory requirements.
- Provide Safety Engineering support on studies conducted internally and follow up Safety Engineering studies undertaken by Contractors as assigned by hierarchy.
Provide support to operated facilities:
- Undertake periodic update of facility Safety Concept.
- Review and make necessary inputs to all safety-related modifications and corresponding engineering documents to existing facilities (P&ID, ESD Logic, Fire and Gas Cause and effects charts, Active and passive firefighting, fire and gas detection, escape and evacuation route, Hazardous area classification, Safety layout, flare radiation)
- Undertake the development, review and update of Operational Safety Case in line with regulatory (NUPRC) requirement for operated sites in Nigeria.
- Lead specific Safety Engineering studies / reviews in support of Request for Modification (RFM) process and Downgraded Situations (DGS) – HAZOP, HAZID, BowTie Assessment etc.
- Support operational entities in Derogation preparation.
- Undertake flammable/toxic gas dispersion, fire and explosion consequence modelling using PHAST software, and interpret result for safe operation of oil and gas facilities.
- Undertake Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) assessment process and SIL assignment for Safety Instrumented Systems within oil and gas facilities in line with GS GR HSE 306.
Major Risk Management:
- Facilitate Safety and Environmental Critical Element (SECE) identification workshops and the follow up of Safety Engineering responsibilities as specified in GS GR HSE 311.
- Support Major Risk management implementation through development of dashboard for monitoring barrier status.
- Provide process safety support to Engineering Construction & Projects (ECP), Operational / Asset Operated by Others (AOBO) entities and partners on risk management issues.
- Lead in major risk identification, develop risk reduction measures for managing technological risks, and monitor implementation in compliance with the group referential (GS GR HSE 312) for technological risk assessment (TRA).
- Lead Major Risk awareness training and barrier verification exercises.
- Promote Major Risk awareness within TUCN via development of Process Safety Event articles for dissemination to operated asset.
- B.Sc. Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Petroleum or related Engineering (an M.Sc. degree in Safety Engineering or similar is a plus.
- Typically, 10 years of oil and gas industry professional experience of which at least 5 years in an equivalent position as Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedure and major hazard legislation.
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques and management (HAZOP, HAZID, HAZAN, QRA) and other reviews.
- Autonomous with investigation/observation skills, effective communication and organizational capability.
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- Required authorisations: Medical Certificate
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
What can we offer you?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
How to Apply for SPIE Oil and Gas Services Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You may like to Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.