Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company- Apply Now
Are you an engineering graduate looking for job opportunities? Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is now recruiting suitable qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer. Interested candidates should apply using the steps and guidelines contain in this article. Read all instructions carefully and fill in necessary documents and requirements.
What you should know about Shell
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development program and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R126951
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
- To provide specialist expertise on rotating equipment engineering, procurement support, inspection and testing, installation and hookup, commissioning and startup for projects and assets.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the project Mechanical Lead to ensure seamless development and delivery of rotating equipment solutions to meet project objectives and to coordinate with other mechanical engineering team members.
- Function as Senior Rotating Equipment (RE) Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects and assets.
- Work with a diverse range of rotating equipment vendors to optimise equipment design through the application of best practices.
- Verify the design works carried out by engineering contractors to ensure proposed solutions meet integrity, reliability, operability and maintainability requirements.
- Provide support during the fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning of rotating equipment, and conduct shop and field acceptance testing.
- Participate in the development of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up plans for rotating equipment.
- Support asset teams to troubleshoot rotating equipment performance issues, provide solutions and conduct field performance tests.
- Participate in multi-discipline project reviews including HAZOP, HAZID, design reviews, constructability reviews, and readiness reviews at various stages such as 3D model design freeze, engineering closeout, mechanical completion, commissioning, startup, and project to asset transfer.
- Support strategies for developing capacities and closing competence gaps in mechanical engineering discipline engineers and challenge accepted views, methodologies and standards, to optimize resources.
- Drive increase in efficiency through innovative concepts and realize opportunities for reduction in unit technical costs, life cycle costs and Unit Operating Cost.
- Deal with a broad spectrum of technical and commercial issues and uncertainties to support quality decisions for project completion.
- Ensure seamless integration of rotating equipment and systems with the rest of the plant/facility, working collaboratively with piping and other discipline engineers on the project.
- Coordinate the completion of mechanical engineering scopes on specifically assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the review of engineering standards and procedures.
- Identify new technology for use in the mechanical rotating equipment engineering discipline, working with IT and systems with support team and mechanical discipline lead.
- Contributory participation in mechanical engineering discipline networks globally.
- Support technical development and coaching in mechanical engineering discipline-Rotating.
- Participate in assigned project audits and reviews and ensure application of appropriate technical HSE in design.
- Where required, provide support to the Regional Mechanical Discipline Lead to establish a qualitative delivery capacity for mechanical engineering design scopes in projects.
- Apply global minimum technical engineering standards (Requirements Management and Systems Engineering) for project specifications and contractors’ activities on rotating equipment and systems.
- Key Interfaces:
- Reporting to project Engineering Manager or project Mechanical Lead.
- Other Discipline Team Leaders of the Project.
- Project Engineers/Leads; Relevant Contractors and Vendors; Shell functions such as IM/IT, HR, Finance, HSE; External entities such as NCD, DPR, Industries, Universities and other Shell Companies in Nigeria (SNEPCO, SNG, etc.) and in the African Region.
Requirements to Apply for Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- What do we need from you?
- BSc. or BEng Degree in Mechanical or Rotating equipment Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the upstream or midstream oil & gas or petrochemical facility (FEED, Detailed Engineering & Design, Fabrication & Construction, Installation, Commissioning and Start-up).
- Skilled in the design, procurement, construction, (pre) commissioning and hand-over specification packages for rotating equipment.
- Capable of interpreting results from plant availability modelling tools.
- Assessed or ready to be assessed as Technical Authority Level-3 in Rotating Equipment Engineering discipline.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- NSE membership/ COREN Registered.
- Possess commercial acumen.
- Skilled in interpreting and directing the development and delivery of 3D model (eg. PDMS) and extracted 2D drawings (eg. AutoCAD).
- Highly skilled in the application of API, ASME, European and ISO design standards in the design of Compressors, Pumps and Gas Turbine Generators and packages/skids involving rotating equipment.
How to Apply for Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply