Senior Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Materials and Corrosion Engineer in the company. All you need to know about the recruitment process, application form, requirements and more Shell vacant positions are contained in this article.
Shell is recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Senior Materials and Corrosion Engineer
Reference ID: R131825
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
Business Unit: Projects
What’s the Role?
- The Senior Materials and Corrosion Engineer is expected to perform specified tasks within design, operation, or maintenance of facilities/plant.
Further accountabilities of the role include:
- Materials Selection and Specification – Select, specify, or develop requirements for metallic materials and testing Specify manufacturing, joining, installation, repair, testing and refurbishment methods for metallic Materials.
- Degradation and Corrosion Control System Design and Management – Develop a corrosion and degradation management strategy, including requirements for implementation.
- Asset Integrity and Repair Assessments – Develop, Implement, Execute, Assess and Benchmark equipment integrity management systems.
- Investigation of Equipment Failures – Identify and analyze failure modes and relate them to operating conditions or equipment history.
What we need from you
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in either Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Must have experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Must be COREN certified.
- With strong expertise in materials selection and corrosion.
How to Apply for Shell Recruitment
All interested and qualified applicants MUST complete an online application form through this link:
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.