Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) Manager at Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited-Apply Now
Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited is recruiting interested and qualified persons for the position of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) Manager in the company. Here, we will be directing you on how you can apply, requirement,benefits and the application deadline.
Brief Summary About the Company
Alkanes-Diaplous Limited (previously known as Alkanes Energy Services Limited) provides expert support services to the upstream segment of the oil & gas industry in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Our services include but not limited to; Maritime Logistics Services, provision and deployment of specialized vessels in the offshore environment, Maritime risk Management and security services, Engineering/ Procurement/Construction services etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing and or reviewing the HSQE policy and ensure that the policy is strictly adhered to by Crewmen on board the vessel, members of staff and all visitors.
- Responsible for enforcing compliance of regulatory requirements including HSQE policies and procedures. This may include but not limited to – enforce the use of Personal Protective Equipment, develop and implement safe system of work, hazard identification and control etc.
- Must maintain relevant HSQE logs and documentation. He must ensure correct documentation of incidents and accidents. He is a team leader in accident investigation, risk assessments and emergency rescue operations.
- Must develop Safe system of work and procedures (permit to work and job hazard analysis).
- Must have an oversight function on equipment Maintenance and Maintenance Record documentation.
- He must conduct vessel cum office inspections and workers’ safety inductions. He must also have a calendar for safety drills which must be religiously carried out. He must also identify and allocate Muster point.
- Coordinates the quality Control functions.
- He must ensure that waste materials are disposed of in compliance with HSQE standards and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare specific HSQE plan for operations, comprising the job hazard analysis (JHA), work method statement/procedure, permit to work (PTW) etc
- Conduct induction for all members of operation team before the start of operations.
- Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to international, federal, state and company safety regulations by integrating and implementing company and third-party HSQE policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards to mitigate hazards in both the vessels and in the offices.
- Assess possible risks and ensure that preventive measures are taken
- Regularly inspect all tools and equipment and keep a record of the maintenance activities on them
- Be the team lead in all Audit processes between the company and external parties.
- Performs post-incident investigations and communicates with the Management and others until all action items have been closed
- File HSQE documents and participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement
- Compile safety programs and ensure conformance to safe work practices by all employees
- Identify and develop relevant training programs for all employees
- Recommend appropriate protective equipment for all employees and keep records of the PPEs allocation.
- Supervise the activities of all the Safety Officers that will be on-site.
- keep all safety records for all site engagements and offices
- Ensure quality compliance with all safety regulations
Experience and Qualifications
To be considered for job openings, you must meet the qualifications and requirements below:
- A Graduate Degree in Engineering Studies or related Science courses
- 7 – 10 years of proven professional experience, with a minimum of four years at a Managerial level.
- Certifications in safety (GHSE, NEBOSH, OSHA)
- Relevant professional membership would be an added advantage
- Experience in the marine/maritime industry will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of risk assessment and hazard identification
- Proficiency in MS Office (Words/Excel/Power point/Outlook/Projects)
- Self-starter and a team player who is target and result-driven.
- Superior knowledge of PPE usage and handling at the maritime industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving abilities
- Fair and Competitive Pay
- Health coverage
- Working in a progressive organization with a team of great minds.
How to Apply for Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline for Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited Recruitment
11th November, 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.