Apply: Program Assistant at Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation portal is currently open for online application. More details on how to apply for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation recruitment position via the official portal is provided below
The general prerequisites for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recruitment form are listed below. So stay calm as we journey through all you need to know about the programme.
About Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty.
In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people- especially those with the fewest resources – have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, the foundation is led by CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Program Assistant is an integral member of the team, ensuring that all administrative and scheduling functions are completed in a timely manner allowing for highly productive environments!
- The focus of the Nigeria Country Office team is to enable collective impact for the foundation in Nigeria by influencing policy and finance towards key development priorities, strengthening capacity and enabling systems for delivery and innovating and using cross-cutting enablers for impact at scale.
- The Program Assistant will provide a wide and varied range of organizational and administrative support to the leaders and staff in the Nigeria Country Office while assisting with project coordination and collaborating with a small team of other assistants to support the overall work and ensure the smooth running of the Nigeria office based in Abuja.
What You’ll Do
- Schedule a high volume of appointments and meetings and manage complex calendars for multiple people.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to email and telephone inquiries.
- Maintain electronic records and a well-organized system for tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects across multiple supported staff.
- Active engagement in learning opportunities, including participation in team skill building, collaboration, and equity learning agenda.
- Support travel as needed and organize and submit expenses for multiple people on a timely basis.
- Provide logistical support for events such as meetings, team trainings, team retreats, team building events, and convenings which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, preparing and disseminating materials, providing on-site logistical support, etc.
- Responsible for high-quality interactions, and clear and consistent communications with external partners in the field that represent linguistically and culturally diverse communities.
- Act as liaison for team and internal partners, answering questions and routing requests as appropriate.
- An academic background in Foreign Languages, Diplomacy, Communications, Administration, or a relevant field of study is required.
- Flexibility in meeting changing organizational and team needs to be accompanied by a willingness to work with shifting role priorities to prioritize collaboration and teamwork.
- Open to feedback and an ability to adjust to diverse communication styles.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and OneNote, is required.
- Previous experience with MS SharePoint and MS Teams preferred. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in supporting multiple people in a complex and fast-paced office setting, interacting extensively with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates exceptional proficiency in English, both in verbal and written communication, while consistently employing diplomacy and sound judgment in all interactions, especially when engaging with individuals from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds, whether within or outside the organization
- Having a moderate grasp of the French language for both oral and written communication is an added advantage.
- Proven track record of providing support to senior staff or leadership teams at a global or regional level within the framework of a matrix organizational structure.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a role requiring attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functioning in a changing environment.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic, and operational situations, demonstrating culturally sensitive behavior with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
How to Apply for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
27th October 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.