OPEC Fund for International Development Recruitment for Independent Medical Consultant
If you want to join the OPEC Fund for International Development, this job opportunity is for you. The OPEC Recruitment Form Intake Registration is currently ongoing.
The OPEC Fund for International Development Application Registration Portal is easy to use, requires no special skills or knowledge, and can be completed from any location with an internet connection.
The application process is pretty straightforward. To apply, follow the procedures below.
About OPEC Fund
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Independent Medical Consultant
- The Medical Consultant will play a critical role in providing medical services to the staff members of the OPEC Fund.
- The selected candidate will be required to attend to his/her duties on a part time basis for three days a week.
- The OPEC Fund is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for its staff members, and the independent medical consultant will play an essential role in achieving this goal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Medical Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide emergency medical care, confidential medical advice and counselling to staff members of the OPEC Fund and their families
- Ensure that medical reports submitted by staff members upon appointment meet the standards established by the OPEC Fund
- Prescribe medication for staff members and their family members as required
- Give inoculations and vaccinations to staff members and their family members as required. In this regard, necessary arrangements shall be agreed by the OPEC Fund and the Medical Consultant
- Carry out medical tests whenever necessary and possibly during the consultation time
- Advise staff members of the appropriate measures in case of health problems or epidemics and pandemics
- Keep updated the confidential electronic medical files for the OPEC Fund staff members and their family members who visit the Medical Consultant
- When requested, conducting medical examinations for new staff members in respect of their fitness to work as well as facilitate the return to work after extended sick leave
- Participate in the implementation of appropriate training and health promotion programs.
- Certify staff member’s inability to work for a certain period of time, after medical examination
- Advise the OPEC Fund, when requested, on securing adequate medical and health insurance coverage for staff members and their dependents
- Assist staff members in making appropriate arrangements for consultations and treatment by medical specialists as may be required
- Provide guidance for the establishment of emergency medical requirements at the OPEC Fund’s premises and assist the OPEC Fund in acquiring such necessities
- Advise staff members planning to travel abroad in respect of specific prophylaxes/tropical medicine and arrange for inoculation accordingly as permitted.
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized university specialized in general medicine
- A valid medical license in Austria
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in general medicine with at least 3 years of clinical experience
- Knowledge and practical experience in occupational health and/or travel medicine/tropical medicine would be an asset
- Familiarity with the Reed Group’s Doctor of Medicine Guidelines and experience with medical clearances for the UN or other similar international organizations is desirable
- Experience in handling administrative issues is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of German and/or Arabic is desirable
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing; demonstrated ability to write clear and concise reports and documents in English is required
- Knowledge of current medical practices and techniques
How to Apply for OPEC Fund for International Development Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You may like to : Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.