APPLY: Plant HSE Officer at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
The company is recruiting interested and competence person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant HSE Officer
Job Identification: 197
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
There are mandatory duties and responsibilities a candidate must be able to carry out on a regular basis, which are:
- To carry out daily safety inspection tours of the two engines covered under BGC C, record findings and follow up with Plant HSE Lead for closure
- Ensure the implementation of QHSE contractual requirements by all contractors performing jobs around the BGC C.
- Provide weekly hazard status reports of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Maintain an incident log of all incidents minor or major within the area and fashion out mitigative measures
- Be involved in all incident investigations involving BGC C and report UAUCs arising from this area.
- Be involved with induction training, toolbox talks, confined space works and general permit requirements for the area of responsibility.
- Carry out related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE or Plant HSE Lead.
Education and Work Experience
But before submitting an application, there are certain requirements you must meet to prove you are fit and ready to be put through the recruitment process. Below are the requirements.
- Prospective candidate must possess B Engr., BSc or HND in Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- Operations and maintenance or other engineering exposure is an added advantage
- Must have at least 3 years of cognate experience
- ISPON level 3 and NEBOSH IGC are a must for this role
- Membership in professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, and WSO is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazard identification, and job hazard Analysis
- Ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
How to Apply for Egbin Power Plc Recruitment
All Interested applicants are encouraged to Click here to apply and submit their applications for the position of HSE Officer.
Application Deadline for Egbin Power Plc Recruitment
26th January, 2024; 09:00