Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
Supply Chain Manager Recruitment at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Req No: 008291
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Logistics – Supply Chain
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager. The successful candidate will manage, develop, and oversee the Supply Chain function within the Nigerian & Sub-Sahara African regions whilst maintaining strong cross-functional relationships, ensuring and maintaining a customer-driven ethos and continuously improving our total cost of acquisition performance.
- The role encompasses responsibility for Project Resale materials & services, Non-Project purchasing, Logistics, management of Facilities and other functional areas as required by the business.
- An important element of the role will be formulating risk management strategies and participating with stakeholders to review and mitigate risks within the business.
- The role is designed to offer development opportunities, place the employee at the heart of strategic initiatives and provide exposure to other business disciplines.
- Provide leadership to the procurement team based in Africa including mentoring, skills development, career progression, and day-to-day operational guidance.
- Promote integrity, professionalism, and adherence to Schneider Electric ethical standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Manage logistics and inventory in line with Project requirements to minimize cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Manage Warehouse functions as necessary to optimize service to internal customers and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs, and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third-party and inter-company supply chains.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior position with responsibility for procurement of:
- Indirect and MRO materials including professional services.
- Project resale materials and services.
- Capital goods.
- Sub-contract services & out-sourcing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a materials management role including responsibility for inventory and stock control.
- Knowledge and experience of facilities management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices, regulations, and policies.
- Strong knowledge of contract types, contractual terms and conditions, and experience in negotiating and developing contracts with suppliers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective contract and agreement negotiations.
- Experience in international sourcing and development of global supplier relationships.
- Good track record in managing and leading teams.
- Strong team player with experience of participation in cross-functional team improvement activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization and across all disciplines.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, demonstrate confident decision making capability and achieve credibility with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- English fluency to business standard-essential.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners.
- We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
How to Apply for Schneider Electric Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!