PSEA – Information Management Officer SSA 8 at the United Nations World Food Programme
Applications are invited for PSEA – Information Management Officer SSA 8 at the United Nations World Food Programme. Here are all the necessary detail guides for the recruitment exercise.
About United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PSEA – Information Management Officer SSA 8
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
- Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
About the Position
- As a member of the Humanitarian Country Team, WFP has endorsed the Protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and Harassment (PSEAH) strategy and action plan to mainstream PSEAH in program design and implementation and human resource management.
- WFP co-chairs the Inter-Agency PSEA Network and from 2020 – 2022, WFP funded the position of PSEA Coordinator. WFP is committed to the Prevention of PSEA in all its operations and would like to continue demonstrating this commitment by bridging gaps within the Inter-Agency PSEA network.
- One of the core obligations of the PSEA network is the provision of timely and accurate reports WFP’s support through this position will ensure accurate information management and reporting to enable the PSEA Network effectively deliver on its mandate.
- WFP is seeking to fund and fill the position of Information Management Officer (SSA) for the Inter-Agency PSEA Network to be based in the Maiduguri Area Office.
- Under the overall supervision and guidance of the PSEA Coordinator, the Information Management Officer will support the PSEA Coordinator in the day-to-day management and coordination of the PSEA Network.
- The Information Management Officer will act as the focal point for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating PSEA information, in close coordination with PSEA Network Partners under the supervision of the PSEA Network Coordinator (UN Agencies, INGOs, NGOs, Sectors, and Sub-sectors).
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Global Information Systems, Communications, Journalism, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in an international context, preferably in Gender, Information Management, GBV and Humanitarian context experience
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team.
- Good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of Gender, GBV and PSEA.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Information Management.
- Willingness to work in challenging environments/field locations.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Produce PSEA Network products/reports for the Humanitarian Community. These products include but are not limited to the following: Situation updates, bulletins, snapshots, briefings, Factsheets, and FAQs.
- Liaise with PSEA Network’s Sectoral partners, and International and National counterparts to gather information to produce periodic sitreps, bulletins, snapshots.
- Support the PSEA Network Coordinator as required in drafting and designing reports and report formats.
- Establish, moderate, and maintain the PSEA Network mailing list.
- Prepare and disseminate the agendas for PSEA Network coordination meetings and training, compile presentations, produce training reports, etc.
- Organize and facilitate meetings in support of the PSEA Network Coordinator. Take meeting minutes with detailed action points during the periodic/ad hoc meeting.
- Standardize and execute quality control of PSEA Network Inter-Agency assessments and activity reports.
- Support capacity strengthening for members of the PSEA Network.
- Establish and maintain an information pool for the PSEA Network.
5th October 2023 by 11:59pm (GMT+1).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are advised to apply.
- Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO
- Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.