Procurement Officer Recruitment at Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation Limited– See everything you need to know about Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation Limited recruitment, eligibility candidates, requirements, and how to apply here as you read on.
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- In the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities, the Procurement Officer shall effectively and efficiently manage the procurement and disposal of assets functions of NESCO (Nigeria) Limited.
- He/She shall be responsible for processing of procurement documents to ensure that procurement is executed in accordance with NESCO (Nigeria) Limited’s requirements, policies and projects funding agencies’ regulations as well as procurement best practices.
- He/She shall efficiently and effectively manage the subordinate staff in the Procurement and Disposal Unit/Department to ensure that the deadlines are met and standards are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer’s key duties and responsibilities are many and varied. Specifically, He/She shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, maintain, monitor, and review procurement strategies & policies, regulations, procedures & plans and ensuring that they are adhered to by all staff involved in procurement function;
- Set and monitor professional standards throughout the procurement cycle from Needs Assessment, Bid Solicitation, Evaluation, Awards, Contract Management, Record Keeping and Supplier Appraisal;
- Train users on correct procurement processes system and policies;
- Prepare an overall Annual Procurement & Disposal Plan based on the Corporation’s approved annual budget;
- Plan Procurement and Disposal activities, allocating work/tasks and resources to officers as required to meet the requirements of the User Departments;
- Assess individual Procurement and Disposal plans for specific procurement and disposal assignments against the annual plan;
- Prepare budget estimates and forecasts for the Procurement and Disposal Unit/Department and monitor their implementation while reporting on variances, trends and risk areas;
- Manage the day-to-day interface between User Departments and the Procurement and Disposal Unit/Department to ensure prompt and effective action in response to User/Requisitioning Departments & liaise with them to come up with correct product and service specifications;
- Receive Purchase Requisitions from departments, review them for completeness and sequence them for processing;
- Prepare and/or examine bids documents/specifications, statement of works, bills of quantities of the bid documents for the purchase of goods, services and works;
- Manage complex tendering processes, including all competitive bidding procurement actions, in a transparent, timely and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with all relevant procurement regulations, best practices & organization`s requirements and that the entire procurement process is procedurally compliant and documentation for audit purposes are available;
- Coordinate the closing, opening, and undertake evaluation of tender/bid documents;
- Prepare evaluation reports to the standard required by the Procurement and Disposal legal framework(s) for presentation to the Corporation’s Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee(s)[IPDC];
- Identify sources of supply and manage negotiations with suppliers in line with the NESCO (Nigeria) Limited procurement manual and requirements;
- Attend IPDC meetings to provide secretariat services, provide objective expertise and technical advice to the IPDC and Bid Evaluation Teams on procurement issues;
- Timely prepare/draft minutes of the IPDC Meetings and other procurement meetings held throughout the procurement process including inspection and bid documents;
- Manage supplier (both local & external) selection processes including extensive screening of selected suppliers and contractors (including on Bridger Insight) before Purchase Orders and Contracts are issued as well as promoting best procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, supplier due diligence processes, ethical procurement standards, green procurement and whole life costing;
- Ensure that there are long term relationships with reliable suppliers that supply high quality goods, services and works and ensure that there are ethical procurement processes in order for NESCO (Nigeria) Limited to get the best value for money;
- Provide leadership to ensure effective management of imports and clearing by following up with Finance & Accounts Department to ensure timely establishment of payment mechanisms such as letters of credit, tracking of shipments, liaising with customs clearing agents, checking and recommending import tax payment requests, and checking import documentation before submission to the bank (s).
- Raise/prepare Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and Purchase Orders (POs) per the approved Tender Evaluations and/or IPDC Minutes, and ensure that the RFQs and POs are properly reviewed and approved per the Authority Matrix. Where applicable, complete Standard Contract Templates with Suppliers and Service Providers and draft Tender/Bid Documents for review by the IPDC/Management;
- Prepare, administer, manage, and monitor Procurement Contracts to ensure delivery of goods/services/works are performed in accordance with the Contract Terms while recording, and reporting poor supplier contract performance;
- Liaise with Stores Section to ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials;
- Consolidate documentation (e.g., Invoices, After Action Report, GRN) to Finance/Accounts Section for processing of payments;
- Update Procurement Tracker regularly and maintain accurate procurement records in electronic and hardcopy form;
- Maintain a tracker of vendor performance against key indicators and share the same with the IPDC per policy intervals, for the review and vendor performance evaluation;
- Check and verify that all necessary action is completed prior to closing files for archiving, scanning and attaching of documents on the server, and sequentially filing of hard copies of all Procurement documents to ensure safe keeping of records for ease of retrieval for ease of reference and audit purposes
- Prepare and/or coordinate as necessary, the production and submission of procurement monthly, quarterly & annual reports and other reports as may be required for Management;
- Manage Procurement Department/Unit to ensure that subordinate staff are motivated to work in line with the corporate goals, assessing their abilities, setting targets and monitoring their performance, identify and recommend their training needs;
- Ensure that plans of action, targets and reviews for each member of staff in the Unit/Department are in place to regularly monitor their career progression and development;
- Ensure that subordinate staff understand and adhere to all relevant procurement regulations, best practices & organization`s requirements and procedures; and
- Carry out any other miscellaneous job-related duties relevant to the post as assigned by Management.
Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
To be considered for the role of Procurement Officer , interested candidate should ensure to possess the minimum criteria below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution/university with a Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply [Level 6 Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)].
- Those with a Higher National Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management with relevant Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) plus Master’s Degree and a Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply [Level 6 Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)] will also be considered.
- He/She should have at least three (3) years’ substantial practical relevant work experience in in procurement, supply chain, and inventory management.
- The Applicant must also be a full member (MCIPS) of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria (CIPSMN) or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
Required Key/Core Competencies, Attributes, and Skills
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills and attributes:
- Have sound knowledge and thorough understanding of the Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Legal Frameworks and transport, logistics & customs systems;
- High level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude, and committed towards work;
- Should be able to coach and train non-procurement staff;
- Be of high Integrity and willing to implement ethical practices;
- Have strong analytical skills with attention to details;
- Have ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize assigned tasks;
- Have excellent interpersonal & organisational skills to deal with diverse workforce;
- Have excellent oral & written communication, negotiating and reporting skills;
- A customer service focused, goal driven, innovative, results/action oriented self-motivated starter, and effective team player with strong teamwork, leadership abilities and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record;
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint), email & able to easily navigate the Internet and excellent working knowledge of financial management & accounting packages software such as sage, etc.; and
- Have a passion for power utility developments
How to Apply for Procurement Officer at Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation Limited
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, under confidential Cover Letter, either by post, courier or e-mail, enclosing copies of Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full contact details and names, residential/postal and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of Three (3) traceable Referees to the following address:
The Managing Director,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. O. Box 15,
Bukuru, Jos South,
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
With electronic copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.
Submission of applications ends 13th September, 2023.
In other not miss out on any latest updates regarding how to get Jobs from Nigeria and internationally, we encourage you to bookmark this page or give us a message by using the comment box. We will reply you as soon as possible. Also share this post with your friends and family members to keep them update.