Mechanical Engineer at Lafarge Africa Plc- Application Guidelines
The company is recruiting interested and qualified candidate to fill the position of Mechanical Engineer. There are prerequisites that you must satisfy before submitting an application for the Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment. The criteria mentioned on the recruitment page are listed below
Here, you will find the Application link portal, how to apply, requirement and more details about the Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment. Stay calm and read through
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: 2704
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- Within the framework of the plant’s objectives assigned by the Mechanical Manager, his job assignment is to optimize the maintenance and repair activities on all plants and equipment within his area of coverage in order to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
Context / Objectives
- The work environment of the job is the Cement Plant and the Quarry
- Job with a medium safety risk.
- Guarantee Plant Reliability by ensuring the quality of Mechanical Maintenance on all plants and equipment in area of responsibility
- Ensure the safety of the equipment and people working for him.
- Promote the Quality of Work by Motivating and Training his Personnel on the job.
- Prepare the Maintenance Reports as directed by the Mechanical Manager.
- Make recommendations with respect to needs of tools and defining specifications of spares to be purchased and confirming same on arrival at the warehouse.
- Control the efficiency and effectiveness of his subordinates
- Supervise all maintenance and inspection works carried out on plants in his section with a view to sustainably reducing maintenance cost.
- Respect and work within the annual maintenance budget.
- Carry out prompt and adequate action when mechanical incidents occur.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Maintenance Program, Organize and Supervise Maintenance Work carried out on all plants and equipment, including their auxiliaries.
- Prepare Daily and Monthly maintenance reports on plants and equipment in his section.
- Implements Mechanical Procedures
- Implement WAPCO quality, safety, health and environmental policy in area of responsibility.
- Carry out Scheduling, Planning of works (including resources) and execute jobs.
- Manage his team by:
- Defining Tasks and Objectives and annually carry out their Performance Reviews;
- Ensuring Quality Work ;
- Ensuring good working relationship with and between his work force;
- Motivating his team and ensure good level of disciplines
- Implement Training Plan for Improving Personnel Skills.
- Contribute to Preparation and Work within the Departmental Budget.
- Facilitate communications and relationship by:
- Attending Departmental Meetings;
- Attending Plant/Departmental Safety Meetings:
- Conveying Management Policies/Departmental Decisions to the subordinates and give feedbacks;
- Communicating results to the Mechanical Manager.
- Updates himself of general Cement Plant and Engineering Practices
- Comply with EMS Mechanical Instrumentation job functions.
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plan
- Methods department for preparation, planning and generation of work orders.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education with at least 1-year experience preferably in a cement industry.
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards;
- Good knowledge of safety rules applied to maintenance of Dust Control Equipment and Utilities;
- Hands-on experience;
- Micro data processing (Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD,).
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills;
- In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations and application;
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing processes and products;
- Predictive and preventive maintenance;
- Experience in the implementation of quality and environmental management systems like ISO 9001:2000, EMS – ISO 14001.
- Good interpersonal relationship;
- Good level of self confidence and control;
- Good sense of judgement;
- Eager to learn and apply;
- Good level of order and cleanliness.
- Team leadership;
- Ability to influence, develop and/or motivate people to the achievement of jobs objectives
- Time management.
- Sense of organization and delegation;
- Good initiative and sense of anticipation;
- Analytical mind and logical approach to problem solving;
- Performance oriented;
- Good level of communication and innovation;
- Decision-making capacity /Self confidence.
How to Apply for Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.