FMARD Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal, Requirements & Guidelines www.fmard.gov.ng
FMARD Recruitment 2023 Portal- This is to inform the general public of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) are implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta states (LIFE-ND). See More Details Below
FAQs about Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Is FMARD currently recruiting?
Yes, FMARD is official recruiting to fill the position contained below. Interested Candidates should apply for Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development recruitment only through the FMARD portal via www.fmard.gov.ng.
How can I apply for the FMARD Recruitment 2023?
To apply, visit the FMARD recruitment portal at www.fmard.gov.ng and choose a position most suited and qualified.
When is the FMARD Recruitment 2023 Closing date?
The closing date for the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development recruitment 2023 is out and contained below. Keep reading…
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel from the region to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Accountant
Location: Akure, Ondo
Duration: The duration of the assignment will be on 2-year renewal basis following a successful completion of a 1 year probation period.
- We request Applications for the Position of State Project Accountant for the Ondo State Project Coordinating Office of the Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project
- Within the framework of the project design report and loan/grant agreements, the State Project Accountant is responsible for the financial and administrative management of the project at the state level, including accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, internal controls, auditing arrangement, flow of funds and the efficient management of project resources.
- Master IFAD key documents such as, the disbursement handbook, procurement guidelines and handbook, IFAD guidelines for project audits, the Financing Agreement (FA) and the Letter to the Borrower (LTB) as well as the Project Financial Procedures Manual.
- Draw up annual budgets and work plans for the SPCO.
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained in line with approved accounting standards and in line with the IFAD requirements (IPSAS Cash)
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared for all bank accounts at the state level
- Ensure strict adherence to installed internal control systems for all areas of project operation in accordance with the project financial procedures manual.
- Liaise with the internal/external auditors and follow up any audit queries/management letters.
- Ensure payments are executed in a timely manner and that appropriate records of prepayments and advances are maintained.
- Make sure all expenditure items:
- Meet the eligibility criteria as defined in the IFAD Financing Agreement
- Are supported by adequate documentation (invoice, contracts, evidence of pay- ments etc.).
- Ensure the timely preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports in agreed format including:
- Sources and uses of funds statement, including incurred expenditures by component, expen- diture category and financier,
- Variance report (actual versus budgeted expenditures),
- Designated account reconciliation statement
- Withdrawal application statement of expenditure
- Fixed asset register
- Contract register for submission to the LNDCO for consolidation.
- Perform physical inventory of project assets each year at the state level.
- Provide assistance to the external auditors as required.
- Undertake other duties/special assignments as may be directed by the SPC or the Project Financial Controller at the LNDCO.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in Akure and Ondo State SPCO. The SPA will report directly to the SPC.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years post professional experience, at least 6 of which must be in management.
- A professional qualification (FCA, ACA, FCNA, CNA) with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience, at least 6 of which must be in management.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in management team of IFAD assisted or donor funded projects
- Good interpersonal relationship, transparently honest, team worker and possess ability to train counterparts, and must be healthy and fit to undertake extensive filed visits.
- Member of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, with strong working knowledge of both national and international accounting procedures.
- Strong computer skills, spread-sheets, and other relevant accounting packages.
- Working knowledge of banking and financial control procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Method of Application for FMARD Recruitment
Interested applicants should forward their CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as the Subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2023.