EHS Supervisor (Environment Performance) at Oando Plc
Oando is seeking to recruit the services of EHS Supervisor (Environment Performance). The job description, how to apply and requirements are contained in this article. Please read the following instructions carefully and ensure that you complete each step. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About– Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EHS Supervisor (Environment Performance)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Functional Area: EHSQ
Overall Purpose of Job
- Provides leadership, vision and direction to achieve the company goal of an incident free culture ensuring that employees in respective locations/entities follow safe work procedures and comply with other EHS standards and regulations in day-to-day operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Weekly and Monthly Performance reports.
- Initiates investigation & management of incidents affecting the environment.
- Lateral Learning application.
- Responsible for EIA, EER/EEA mitigation report.
- Conducts Special studies especially studies affecting the facilities.
- Follow up with the implementing of Waste Management plans.
- Implements strategy to achieve high Environmental performance that will reduce the impact of company’s operational activities on the environment.
- Prepares and administers a complete set of environmental key performance indicators for the company.
- Interprets existing environmental laws and guidelines and advises Management on Environmental matters including design & implementation of ESG framework and Stainability program.
- Responsible for co-ordination of Oil spill response and contingency plan by liaising with regulatory bodies.
- Provides effective Monitoring and Measurement of environmental compliance or non-compliance.
- Responsible for Environmental Data management.
- Liaises with regulatory agencies for License Renewal and any other environmental documentation that may be required from time to time.
- Provision of effective, practical EHS advice to the site team/SBU and project management team.
- Creating a zero incident EHS culture on site by investigating all accidents, near misses and recommending ways to prevent future occurrence. He/She shall also receive and process Accidents Reports and report on “near misses” or dangerous occurrences.
- Liaising with government statutory bodies/agencies such as DPR, FEMNV, RSEPA, NPA/INTELS and the Nigerian Police to ensure compliance with environmental laws, and safety/security of our operations, lives and properties.
- Work closely with the other functions as continuously assigned by the EHS Manager and /or H, EHSQ.
- Ensure that all jobs that require work permits, work certificates or EHS sign-offs obtain the appropriate sign-off before the jobs are carried out.
- Generate monthly EHS reports and statistics, which shall be passed on to the EHS Manager within first week of every new month.
- Establishing and operating effective active monitoring EHS processes.
- Conducting EHS Inductions and awareness in Head Office.
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are conducted and that required controls are consistently implemented.
- Ensure that all staff and contractors have access to all relevant EHSQ Guides & Manuals and that they understand them.
- Ensure that steps that are laid down in the Emergency Response Contingency Plan are rehearsed and carried out effectively.
Key Performance Indicators
- Organization wide EHS Culture and procedure compliance.
- The degree of awareness created in sensitizing the staff on the impact of company’s operation on the environment.
- Efficiency of response to Oil spillage, air pollution and other non-environment friendly operations.
- A good University Degree in Engineering, Environmental / Sciences.
- Experienced in Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- EHS Management System implementation and operation experience
- Crisis Management experience.
- Good all-round knowledge of project EHS requirements
- EHS leadership experience and skills
- Experienced in Risk Assessment
- A detailed understanding of the hazards associated with Oando’s operations.
- Experienced in EHS Auditing and Inspection
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & safety and Environmental Management systems i.e. ISO 45001 & 14000 is required
- Minimum of 8 years overall work experience. Four (4) years of technical training and/or related experience. Five (5) years safety and environmental experience related to the applicable industry; be familiar with environmental management systems; and 3-5 years supervisory experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!