The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
U.S. Consulate General Lagos Recruitment/ Careers
U.S. Consulate General Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-083
Series/Grade: LE – 1510 8
Promotion Potential: LE-8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
- Work related travel.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Information Technology, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Mass Communication or International Trade is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in business, government or non-government organization (NGO) in the fields of marketing, trade promotion, economics, accounting, international trade or similar field is required.
- Must be fully functional with standard Microsoft Office Suite applications and common office equipment.
- A basic knowledge of local business firms, trade practices, restrictions, organizations and customs; of marketing and sales techniques; of assigned industries and their potential for U.S. businesses and understanding of business due diligence investigations is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in speaking / reading / writing of English is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
USD 43,507 (NGN 8,664,538) Annually.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate and Exemption document
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
How to Apply for U.S. Consulate General Lagos Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th July, 2022.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!