Civil Engineer, SSA 9 (Borno) at the United Nations World Food Programme
United Nations World Food Programme is hiring interested and qualified candidates to join their team as a Civil Engineer, SSA 9 (Borno). Application deadline is 1st September, 2023 . How to apply, requirements and more details are provided here
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer, SSA 9
Requisition ID: 829055
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Short Term
- To provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of WFP Policies, standards, norms and practices ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines, and operations.
- Support the capacity building of engineering staff to facilitate continued development and high performance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
- Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practices, standards, and innovative technologies that comply with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute towards the analysis of project proposal to enable effective decision-making on project technical feasibility.
- Prepare evidenced-based recommendations for senior staff on measures to improve WFP facilities suitability to operational purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process.
- Participate in technical or design review, exchange of knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to facilitate implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: First University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 6 years of proven Engineering experience in construction/rehabilitation of the building and infrastructure-type projects, implemented in accordance with international construction standards or
- Advanced University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 3 years of proven Engineering experience in construction/rehabilitation of the building and infrastructure-type projects, implemented in accordance with international construction standards.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- At least 5 years of proven Engineering experience in construction/rehabilitation of building and infrastructure-type projects, implemented in accordance with international construction standards.
- Has attained advanced academic qualifications relevant to engineering.
- Has contributed to projects demonstrating knowledge of engineering specializations in relation to fire safety, seismic blast or environmental requirements.
- Experience in Health and Safety and Quality Control.
- Experience working in difficult security environments.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is desirable.
- Has worked effectively under supervision on a large number of varied design and construction projects and has taken responsibility for work elements that have been assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise.
- Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
1st September, 2023 by 11:59pm (GMT+1).
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!