Auwal Social Economy Research Institute (ASRI) Future Leaders Program 2024- Application Form and Requirements
The Auwal Social Economy Research Institute ASRI Future Leaders programme, is an intensive, full-time, graduate training programme, that develops young university graduates for careers in the Civil Society and Government sectors, and therefore recruits individuals who are socially and politically active in their communities.
The program seeks to recruit young people who aspire, in different spheres, to create change in South Africa. In developing these young people, we enhance their social and human capital in a way that not only accelerates their personal growth, but which also translates into increased opportunities in the future.
Each selected person will receive a monthly stipend of R3500 + a data, simcard with approximately 20GB to 30GB of data per month while on the programme.
The Programme Structure Is As Follows:
- The fellowship programme is 4-months and fellows are required to be in attendance Monday to Thursday from 8:00am – 3:00pm, at our offices in Parktown, Johannesburg, from the end of January to the end of May.
- Upon completion of the 4-month programme, there is an optional 3-month work experience placement (externship) at an organisation in-line with your aspirations and interests, with a further option of a 3-month externship extension for exceptional individuals.
- Core Tenets: The mission of the programme is the building of a social justice mind-set, with a particular focus on bettering the socio-economic conditions of people in South Africa. Emphasis is also placed on integrity, respect and tolerance.
Themes Covered Are As Follows:
- The Constitution, Governance, Law and Social Justice
- Public Policy
- Understanding Government
- NGOs and Civil Society
- Political Philosophy
- Economics and Development
- Ethics and Values
Practical Skills Developed:
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Project, Financial and Organisational Management
- Microsoft Suite
The Eligibility Requirements for ASRI Future Leaders Program 2024:
Community & Leadership Experience: Individuals should be active in their community, have some form of leadership experience and show potential for being a change agent in South Africa in the future.
Academic: Students must have at least an undergraduate degree or diploma (or equivalent qualifications), with additional qualifications being an advantage.
Attendance Requirement: To be eligible for the programme, you must be able to be in attendance (at our premises) from Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-3:00pm, from end of January-June.
Age limit: 30 years of age.
Citizenship: South African citizenship or permission to reside in South Africa (with the long-term view of staying in the country).
Location: 14 Barkly Road, Parktown, Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Alumni Requirements: Upon completion of the programme, participants are expected to remain active within the Alumni Network of ASRI. ASRI will provide mentorship and support to our fellows throughout their careers.
Form Link for ASRI Future Leaders Program 2024
Auwal Social Economy Research Institute (ASRI)Future Leaders Program 2024 Direct Link Portal and How to Apply
To register or submit an application for the Auwal Social Economy Research Institute ASRI Future Leaders programme, you need to access the ASRI Portal Login – https://asri.co.za/flp2024/ and follow the instructions on the page to register or login.
How to Apply for ASRI Future Leaders Program 2024
Interested applicants should apply via https://asri.co.za/flp2024
Closing Date for ASRI Future Leaders Program 2024
The management of the program has announced that applications for the programme closes Saturday, the 25th of November 2023 at midnight. You are encouraged not to wait for the deadline before you summit your application.
Interview Dates for ASRI Future Leaders Program 2024
Interviews will be held from Monday 4 December to Thursday 14 December 2023 and the Fellowship programme will commence on Monday 29 January 2024.