Assistant General Manager, Cargo at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc
The Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO Aviance), establish in 1979, provides aviation cargo, aircraft handling, passenger facilitation, crew transportation, refuelling and aviation training services from its base at Murtala Muhammed International Airport.
NAHCO Aviance serves over35 airlines throughout seven airports across Nigeria, handling approximately 70% of domestic and foreign airlines operating into the country. In 2005, NAHCO Aviance was privatised and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2006. Air France and Lufthansa both have acquired stakes in the company.
The application for the NAHCO recruitment is online and is absolutely free of charge, so applicants should take note of this before becoming prey in the hand of fraudsters. What must be done is to visit the portal and submit the necessary requirements when due.
Information about the procedures for NAHCO recruitment, the things required, how you can apply, important things you need to know about the process and many other things pertaining to the exercise will be communicated to you in this article. So make sure you stay put. Take your time and read through this article carefully to avoid mistakes.
The company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager, Cargo
- To become the overall Business Manager and be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the cargo business operations of NAHCO across all stations
- Ensuring efficient and timely handling, storage, and transportation of cargo, as well as coordinating with various stakeholders to meet customer demands and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the financial performance and health of each of the Cargo warehouses under his/her control.
- Develop and drive business initiatives to grow revenue, reduce cost and increase profitability.
- Responsible for contract negotiation with clients.
- Provide leadership and support to the cargo team.
- Ensure the availability of contingency plans and resources to manage unforeseen events or emergencies.
- Coordinate with airlines, freight forwarders, and other stakeholders to meet customer requirements and service level agreements.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates with the following qualifications below are eligible to apply for NAHCO recruitment vacant position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics, or other relevant fields.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant area is a clear advantage.
- Experience in handling business development roles in FMCG and logistics industry is a clear advantage.
- Applicants must posses a strong knowledge of international air cargo industry practices, regulations, and trends.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills is a key requirement.
- Proven experience in managing cargo operations at a busy international airport or similar environment is desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 3 years in management position is mandatory
How to Apply for NAHCO Recruitment
Closing Date for NAHCO Recruitment
24th October, 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.