Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna Recruitment for Provost
The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna is a tertiary institution accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC), the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE).
The Institute is also a Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Approved Training Organization for the conduct of Initial Aircraft Licence Preparatory Course.
We are recruiting suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
- The Provost shall be the head of the Academic Branch of the Institute. AFIT is a hybrid higher institution established to provide university and polytechnic education.
- The applicant should be a renowned Professor of engineering with proven record of scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals.
- The ideal candidate must have a track record of commendable leadership and administrative prowess in a tertiary Institution of learning and or a similar organization.
- A Professor in Engineering (preferably with specialization in avionics, airframe systems or propulsion) or Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Material Engineering, Electrical/Electronics, Communications Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
- He/She should have a minimum of 3 years of Professorship.
- He/She should possess outstanding leadership qualities that will inspire and motivate subordinates towards achieving institutional goals and mandates.
- He/She should have a proven record of attracting international research and development grants/collaborations and extra-statutory funds as well as ability to mobilise available resources for rapid development of the Institute.
- Previous working experience with military institutions is an added advantage
- He/She should be prolific and outstanding in publication with practical outlook and evidence of leadership in research work and post graduate supervision.
- He/She is required to have requisite administrative experience and competencies in effective planning and execution of academic programmes.
- He/She should be a member of relevant and learned professional bodies (foreign and local).
Salaries and Conditions of Service
The emolument of AFIT Provost will be based on the Consolidated Top Federal Public Office Holders Salary Structure (TOPSAL) 7.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Applications together with 15 copies of their Curriculum Vitae which should contain, among other things, the following:
- Name in full with surname in capital letters
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status.
- Current postal address.
- Current e-mail address.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Professional and academic qualifications with dates.
- List of publications.
- Work experience.
- Present employment.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Names and addresses of 3 referees, one of whom must be a previous employer
All Applications should be addressed to:
Air Force Institute of Technology,
- Referees letters are to be forwarded to the Registrar’s office using the address stated above.
- Candidates should also enclose their vision for the Institute in not more than 2,000 words
Application Closing Date
Applications ends 8th September, 2023.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!