World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024- Application Guides and Requirements
The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) announces the opening of the application for the 2024 WBG-Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. Students and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan nationals.
- Host Country: United States of America
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Sahara Africa Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship to Washington DC | Other attractive allowances
Fellows will spend a minimum of six months. The fellowship period of engagement is January-June 2024.
A candidate for the World Bank Africa Fellowship must:
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- Command of an additional World Bank official language
- National from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- Candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience in forced displacement
The selection process consists of two phases:
In the first phase, a shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire for the different units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
Application Deadline: 25 August, 2023
Sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.