The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2023/2024 Application Form Is Out. You can now apply for the 2023 World Bank YPP by simply reading the information contained below.
The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2023
The World Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC and MIGA.
The WBG YPP offers Young Professionals a unique opportunity to work on the frontlines of international development. Candidates should be willing to relocate to field-based assignments, especially those supporting client countries experiencing Fragility, Conflict and Violence (FCV) and other challenging environments.
WBG YPP Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
Graduate degree requirements:
For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by September 2022 or PhD before September 2023. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by September 2023. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
Professional experience requirements:
For World Bank placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- YPs are offered five-year term contracts, the terms, and conditions of which vary by institution.
- Candidates will be provided with further detail during the offer stage, in line with the most current policies of their respective hiring institution
- YPs receive a competitive salary and benefits package as part of the five-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines. Candidates will be provided with further detail during the offer stage.
How to Apply for World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase one’s chances of selection.
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
Short Essay Question
Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
Closing Date for Application
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 15 – September 30 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.