UNCTAD Africa Internship Program- THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Africa Internship Programme
This posting is for an internship opportunity in the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development in Addis Ababa. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above in the Secretariat for a period of six months following the end of their internship. UN interns must have a valid visa. Internship opportunities are for a
maximum of six months.
Carrying out his/her tasks under the supervision of the Economic Affairs Officer in the Regional Office for Africa, the intern will perform the following functions:
- Assist in organizing press conferences, briefings and meetings with member states, RECs, partners, parliamentarians, and stakeholders
- Assist in organising dissemination activities for UNCTAD’s research
- Assist in preparation of news items and updating the social media accounts
- Undertake analysis on topical issues on the African continent which are related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in identifying updated and new relevant information, research documents on issues related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in preparation of briefing notes and workshop reports
- Attend and assist in summarizing conferences and meetings as necessary
- Assist in identifying initiatives and major meetings at Africa and regional levels, where UNCTAD can participate in (with the UN, African Development Bank, Afriexim Bank, AfCFTA Secretariat)
- Update and improving information contained in the office databases, perform internet-based research and catalogue information related to the work of UNCTAD;
- Assist with the maintenance of ROA’s electronic communications dispatched to stakeholders, including UNCTAD communications and outreach products
- Any other tasks assigned
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE- Bank of America (BOFA) Breakthrough Lab Accelerator Program 2022/2023
The United Nations internship programme is intended to expose students or recent graduates to the United Nations in order to enhance their educational experience and to help them to gain experience in the work of the Organization. Therefore, applicants to the programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
Additionally applicants should:
• Should be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- For this position, the university degree must be in the area of journalism, international relations, public administration or related area.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
How To Apply For UNCTAD Africa Internship Program
Applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise.
Closing Date- July 11, 2022
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Internship Positions in Nigeria Now!