Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment for Senior Civil Engineer, CDI
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting suitable qualified graduates to fill the position of Senior Civil Engineer, CDI. The role for this new vacant position is to supervise planning, design and construction of onshore civil facilities (Roads & FLB infrastructure), ensuring delivery to quality specifications, within schedule & budget, in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
The method of application and requirements can be found in this article. Kindly ensure you fill and upload all necessary documents and summit application on time before the closing date.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
The company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer, CDI
Job Requisition ID: R116331
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Discipline Engineering
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Start Date: April 4, 2023
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role?
- To supervise planning, design and construction of onshore civil facilities (Roads & FLB infrastructure), ensuring delivery to quality specifications, within schedule & budget, in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
Requirements for SPDC Recruitment
What we need from you?
- COREN Registered Engineer with Civil Engineering Degree and min of 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering and Project execution/construction in challenging environments is a must
- Good IT skills and knowledge of project management tools/processes in Shell
- Sound knowledge of Personal Safety and Contractor HSSE Management
- Certification on project management via APM or PMI (e.g. PMP) will be an added advantage or equivalent.
- Leadership and motivational skills are essential for managing workforce in challenging work environments
- Good communication skills for effective engagement of stakeholders.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Develop Project Implementation Roadmap
- Manage planning, design and construction of onshore civil infrastructure by providing technical, HSSE and commercial leadership (comprising project planning, sope/risk/assurance reviews pre-contract award activities, contract award, construction supervision, commissioning, handover to Asset Team)
- Managing interfaces with various stakeholders for successful project execution and start-up
- Participating in integrated audits & contributing own expertise (design reviews, Quality, HSE and Business Control audits)
- Provide close-out reports upon project completion and share areas for lateral learning
- Managing difficult conversations with external stakeholders, Local Contractors Capacity and heightened security operating levels. The incumbent will be required to proffer ingenious and innovation solutions to these and other emerging challenges.
- Collaborate with Contracting and Procurement and Legal departments to resolve claims and disputes that may arise thereof
- Coordinate discipline interfaces, liaise with TAs, Implement MOC process
- Supervise Health, Safety, Security & Workers’ Welfare to ensure zero Lost Time Injury
- Implement Joint Venture and Nigerian Content Development (NCD) requirements
- Participate in Investment planning (IP), cost estimating, budget preparation, and performance reporting
How to Apply for SPDC Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date