PSM Specialist at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)-Application Link
About- The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
- Health Informatics Specialist at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (NASCP)- Federal Ministry of Health Jobs
- IT Support Officer at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (NASCP)- Federal Ministry of Health Jobs
- Laboratory Specialist at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)
Full Meaning of NASCP
NASCP is an acronym and it means National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme.
NASCP is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PSM Specialist
See everything you need to know about NASCP, eligibility candidates, requirements, and how to apply here as you read on.
This officer will assist the PSM unit of NASCP in the quantification and distribution activities of all HIV related commodities for PMTCT e.g ARVs, RTKs, EID platforms and reagents etc. Work closely with the PSM unit to effectively and routinely track HIV commodities that speaks to NASCP and Monitor the consumption report on the related commodities to prevent stock out at grant implementation sites across the states. S/he will provide technical support and leadership to NASCP’s efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management system of health commodities using evidence-based data from the logistics management information system, to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage.
- Provide TA and capacity building to all tiers of the government of Nigeria and to the team to strengthen national/state systems for procurement and supply chain management of health commodities
- Provide Logistics support to State offices focusing on reporting, distribution, shipping, storage and warehousing of commodities
- Responsible for daily to day warehouse maintenance and security and escalates major issues/repairs/improvements to NASCP PSM component for support
- Ensure that all required health inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems.
- Work with the NASCP office logistics team to direct outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the grant; ensure health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and ensure that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Work with the state LMCU/NASCP PSM team in developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Support the state government team (LMCU) in the development of warehousing and distribution budgets Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to follow up on all warehouse-related matters such as the environment, sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure safety code and quality compliance are met daily and report any issues arising to the STO
- Work with the State LMCU in designing coordinated systems for the grant implementation to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance in order to reduce stock-outs, eliminate waste and lower costs.
- Ensure that all distribution documentation for health commodities in the grant, with funding agencies, suppliers, implementing partners and regulatory bodies is complete and compliant.
- Work with the state team (LMCU) to institute data entries into the district health information system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B Pharm, with 7 years post national youth service experience managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection, forecasting /quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- First Degree in Logistics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Accounting, procurement and supply chain management or any relevant field with at least 7 years working experience
- Recognised professional Certification in procurement or logistics management / BPP certification is compulsory.
- Experienced and qualified in managing increased volume of grant procurements in compliance with the requirements of the Bureau for Public Procurement
- Considerable knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar role in managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection, forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems
- Experience must include managing health commodity logistics information systems, including forecasting/quantification of Laboratory Commodities
- Familiarity with developing PSM indicators and issues surrounding monitoring and evaluation of the PSM.
- Knowledge of M supply, Quantimed and Pipeline is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with technical and health management approaches relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH, especially at the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV programs.
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of information.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding ARV and Laboratory Logistics, M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Coordinates the planning and delivery of procured commodities in accordance with internal policies and Global Fund procurement guidelines. Facilitating and monitoring the procurement activities as highlighted in the implementation plan is also important.
Contracting & Accountability:
- The officer will be accountable to the Head PSM
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
There is no fee associated with the application process, and interested individuals can apply at the official website: Click here to apply
The deadline this year is 14th December, 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.