Program Officer- British Red Cross|IFRC Application Link and How to Apply
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity
Here you will find the Application link portal, how to apply, requirement and more details about British Red Cross|IFRC Recruitment to fill the position of Program Officer – British Red Cross
Link to Apply for Program Officer- British Red Cross|IFRC Recruitment
To register or submit an application for the 2023/2024 International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Recruitment, you need to access the Red Cross Recruitment Portal Login – https://www.ifrc.org/jobs/details and follow the instructions on the page to register or login.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Program Officer – British Red Cross
Vacancy No: S04364
Contract Type: National
Duration: 12 Months
Grade: National Staff
Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Programme coordinator, the Programme Officer will:
- Plan and monitor implementation of the BRC/ NRCS Country programme in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Work closely with the National Society to strengthen preparedness and response capacity to enable the NS improve their disaster management programming.
- Support ongoing collaboration with all relevant partners in the region in the field of disaster risk management and will also work on further developing these relationships.
- The job will require travel to the project locations in Lagos, Imo, FCT, Delta and Bauchi of about 50% of the total work hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
Individuals will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible in planning, implementation, and reporting of components of the Disaster Management programme, under overall programme leadership of the Programme Coordinator
- Lead development of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) component of the DM programme
- Conduct monitoring and supervisory visits to the programme activity sites in the field.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions for National Society technical staff and volunteers in various areas of disaster risk management.
- Participate in relevant meetings with relevant stakeholders where needed.
- Perform other duties in addition to the above responsibilities, commensurate with background and experience as deemed necessary by Supervisor; especially contributing to development and management of additional programmes in future.
- Coordinate follow-up on implementation plans with colleagues in London and Nigeria on key strategic topics such as Community Engagement and Accountability and Prevention and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Strengthen capacity and competencies in the programme branches on Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Ensure effective working relationships with the relevant departments/ branches of NRCS as well as WASH/ Health technical advisors at BRC.
- Provision of guidance and support implementation of activities related to other technical areas of the project, mainly related to logistics, information management, Protection and Gender Inclusion, and Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Public Health or relevant field
- Experience in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
- Experience with planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on projects for Disaster Management programming
- Experience in capacity building initiatives for Disaster Risk Reduction or WASH
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders across organizations
- Experience within a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in partner relationship management and attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate (especially excel, word, power point)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Initiative and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Fluently spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
8th September, 2023.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!