Oil and Gas Jobs- Head of Marine Operation at Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited
Alkanes-Diaplous Limited (previously known as Alkanes Energy Services Ltd) provides expert support services to the upstream segment of the oil & gas industry in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Our services include but not limited to, Maritime Logistics Services, provision and deployment of specialized vessels in the offshore environment, Maritime risk Management and security services, Engineering/ Procurement/ Construction services etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marine Operation
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the daily operations between the vessels, Management and Clients. Maintains appropriate interface and relationship with clients, paying detailed attention to contracts and specifications.
- To maintain, and when necessary, improve on existing compliant marine systems for the Company.
- Ensure that vessel documents are up-to-date, including arranging and monitoring all Classification and Flag State Certifications.
- Ensure that the Vessels are run, and maintained adequately so as to eliminate any downtime; properly planning and running a Preventive Maintenance System for the Vessels, in order to achieve optimal functionality of equipment.
- Crew Management: managing the Crew, keeping them highly motivated, liaising with the Group Head (HR) in coordinating Crew recruitment. Liaising also, with the Group Head (HR) to design/effect Crew rotations on and off the Vessels. liaises with the Group Head (HR) regularly in reviewing the Vessels Crew performance and ensuring on-board training of the Crew
- Ensuring that the vessel is manned in accordance with regulations and that ships’ crew are suitably trained and experienced to S.T.C.W. requirements.
- Oversees the operations contingency plan and acts as the Incident Commander during emergency and salvage response situations, which includes implementation of the Incident Commander System.
- Maintain cordial working relationship with Government, Regulatory and Maritime Authorities.
- Supervises the Technical Superintendent, HSE Staffs, Accounts, Procurement staff and all other staff.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of the Marine vessel Operational Policy – Masters Standing Orders (MSO), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Safe Working Procedures
- Ensures workplace safety by implementing, maintaining and monitoring the Safety Management System for the vessel. This includes regular safety meetings, onboard visits, communications, and other safety protocols. Dealing with non-conformities covering ship and shore-based operations
- Ensures that the vessel is clean, orderly, well stocked with supplies and spare parts at all times
- Responsible for an efficient monitoring of procurement of parts, inventory/stocks, fuel and lubricants
- Conducts/oversees post-incident investigations to determine root causes of incident. If necessary, attends all hearing, provides recommendations and action plans and follows up to ensure corrective measure are put in place to prevent future incidents.
- Any other functions as may be assigned by the Managing Director of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong People Management and Leadership skills
- Effective communication skill (written and spoken English).
- Must be Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other related software.
- Minimum experience of 10 years relevant experience, with at least 5 years at Managerial Capacity. Industry (Maritime) experience is a prerequisite
- Must have practical experience in vessel operations and must have served in such a capacity for a Minimum of 5 years.
How to Apply for Head of Marine Operation at Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline for Head of Marine Operation at Alkanes Petroleum and Gas Limited
12th December, 2023.