NEF Innovation Challenge 2023 Registration/Application Form Portal
Here, you will find every detail about the NEF Innovation Challenge 2023 Registration/Application Form process on the portal. We have outlined the guidelines, entry requirements, qualifications, and how you can easily apply for the NEF Innovation Challenge 2023 Registration/Application exercise. So read on to know the official portal and how to fill the NEF Innovation Challenge 2023 Registration/Application Form without any hindrance.
The 8th Africa Energy Innovation Challenge organized by NEF challenges early-stage energy entrepreneurs across Africa to collaborate with local research institutions or industries to develop a prototype model of a key device/equipment for a social energy enterprise, agri-business, fintech solutions, or energy management system using local resources.
For early-stage energy entrepreneurs in Africa, proposals are being sought in four innovation tracks, including:
- Track 1: Clean Energy Options for the Agribusiness Sector
- Track 2: Energizing Education & Healthcare
- Track 3: Artificial Intelligence & Smart Metering
- Track 4: Cleaner Electrification of Transportation/Oil & Gas
An impartial team of development professionals with years of experience from the public and commercial sectors will choose the finalists and winners. It is expected that at least one winner per track will receive grant prizes, and up to 20 nominated entries will receive free passes to the 2023 competition.
The finalists and winners will be selected by an independent panel of industry experts and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions. It is anticipated that at least 1 winner per track will be awarded grant prizes with up to 20 shortlisted entries offered complimentary passes to fully participate in 2023. Winners of the competition get the opportunity to:
- Receive cash prize grants of up to USD10,000 to demonstrate or scale the proposed solution;
- Pitch their proposed prototype model at the 2023 Nigeria Energy Forum, using a poster and short video;
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young professionals as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in government, international development, academia, and the private sector; &
- Attend business development workshops, and receive support from a dedicated start-up incubator.
- Young professionals between the ages of 18 and 35 years from Africa are invited to participate in the competition across any of the four (4) innovation tracks above.
- Applications may be submitted by a team of at least three people. Teams may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, etc.
- Individuals or teams may submit multiple applications.
- Women-led teams are strongly encouraged to apply
The first round of submissions will be evaluated using the following attributes:
- Local Content: utilize local resources, demonstrate the use of local expertise, alternative energy services, or efficient solutions for powering agriculture, education, healthcare, industries, etc.; and be significant
enough to impact large numbers of people, households, and/or businesses.
- Originality and creativity: present solutions that are original, and creative in areas that are either underdeveloped or severely underdeveloped in research and literature.
- Commercial Viability: proposed prototype model should be realistic, practical rather than just theory, cost-efficient, and outline commercial arrangements that address obvious roadblocks, using a specific prototype model.
- Clarity: ideas should be presented in a clear and concise manner with a realistic completion timeline.
- Open call for proposal: May 15, 2023
- Early Proposal submission deadline: June 15, 2023
- In-person Event & Past Winners Tag-up: July 18, 2023
- Proposal submission deadline: August 31, 2023
- The shortlist for the final round: September 15, 2023
- Deadline for final submissions: October 15, 2023
- Video pitch, posters & awards: Nov. 23, 2023.
Application Closing Date
The application closing date is August 31, 2023. Ensure you apply on time.
Your proposed prototype model submission must not exceed 1- side of an A4 page and should include the following:
- Project Title Your solution (250 words)
- Innovation Track Expected impact (50 words)
- Short abstract (50 words)
- Design tools and method (50 words)
- Problem Statement (50 words)
- Estimated costs and timeline (50 words)
Further Information: Visit the Official Website
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!