Job Vacancies at Benin Electricity Distribution Plc (BEDC)
Benin Electricity Distribution Plc (BEDC) application portal is currently opened for suitably qualified candidates to apply and fill various job positions in the company. How you can apply successfully and the requirements are all contained in this article below. Kindly ensure you apply for the position best suitable and qualified for.BEDC is responsible for retail distribution of electricity in Delta, Edo, Ekiti, and Ondo States with geographical coverage of 55,770 square kilometers. The company operates from twenty five (25) business districts with approximately 350 offices located across the four (4) states with about 13 million people and about 4 million households.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Locations: Delta, Edo, Ekiti and Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide value-added and relevant analyses of an organization’s internal control structure, transaction information and analysis, performance, productivity, and efficiency.
- Rendering necessary operational support on all audit engagements.
- Preparation of Audit Reports
- Ensures compliance with established audit standards and control procedures by examining records, reports,
- Monitors approval and disbursement of Company funds.
- Performs full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Carry out risk assessment and provide measures to mitigate identified risks
- Monitoring and Enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and policies implementations and compliance.
- Ensure compliance to approved NERC orders and regulations
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manages Petitions/Complaints Investigations, Conclusion and Reporting.
- Operating practices, and documentation.
- Reviewing records to ensure that they are accurate and complete according to company standards
- Monitoring cash flow and identifying problems with cash flow to prevent problems from occurring in the future
- Performing audits of financial records to ensure that they are accurate and comply with regulations
- Identifying any errors in accounting practices or procedures and recommending solutions
- Ensure compliance of the financial and accounting processes and procedures with global best practices and International accounting standards.
- Ensure continuous personal and professional development.
- Analyze risk level of all operations.
- Carry out financial probity checks
- Institutes checks in the use of company property via internal audit process.
- Performs special audits and investigations into suspected misconduct by employees.
- Participate actively in the resolution of customer bills related complaints.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
To be eligible for this vacant position at BEDC, ensure you possess the minimum criteria below:
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant fields; MSc/MBA is an added advantage
- Must be a charted accountant
- A strategic thinker & problem solver.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have at least four (4) years’ experience in an audit firm or related job role.
- Additional Professional certifications will be an added advantage
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Awareness of latest industry trends and applications.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Sound independent judgement
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Highly goal oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply for BEDC Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the email.
4th June, 2023.
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!