Geomatics Surveyor at Shell Petroleum Development Company
This is to inform the general public of the Shell Petroleum Development Company recruitment is open to interested individual to fill the position of Geomatics Surveyor. In this article contains the application link and guides on how to apply successfully.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geomatics Surveyor
Reference ID: R121516
Job Type: Full Time
What is the Role
- This position offers the opportunity to be a member of a highly dynamic, professional & performance-oriented team of Shell Geomatics professionals that are part of the Shell Nigeria Development and Subsurface organization.
- You will be based in Lagos, as part of the Offshore Team reporting to the Chief Surveyor and Head Offshore Survey, and a member of a local staff community of 18+ Geomatics professionals.
- The Geomatics discipline contributes at each stage of delivering energy solutions to enable the Shell strategy. Shell Nigeria Geomatics team is part of a wider Global Geomatics community providing expertise for a range of delivery themes to the business including Situational Awareness, Geospatial Data Integration, Site Characterization, Asset Integrity Surveys, Well & Engineering Delivery and Emergency Preparedness & Response.
- The successful candidate will be a member of a team that has a key focus on project delivery, maintaining geospatial data integrity, providing highly reliable business-critical services and analysis.
- This will be delivered by continuously improving the quality of data acquisition to ensure the completeness of geospatial datasets, thus enabling us to extract maximum value and insights from the data as we apply our Geomatics expertise to deliver cleaner energy solutions. Geomatics continually focuses on developing new standards, efficient workflows and applying a learner mindset.
The successful candidate will have the following specific accountabilities:
- Provide proactive Geomatics expertise and advice to customers through designing, planning, and delivering competitive survey and positioning solutions to complex problems across the deep and shallow water area of operations throughout the energy lifecycle of exploration to decommissioning.
- You will be accountable for the delivery of assigned projects, including identification of contractor resources, vetting technical competencies, supporting commercial and procurement, verifying HSSE capabilities and ensuring the delivering of quality deliverables by contractors whilst demonstrating complying with Nigerian Content Development directives.
- To ensure assigned projects are delivered:
- Safely – Focus on a Learner Mindset and collaborative working relationship with our vendors so that everyone returns safely home, and the environment is protected. This will require the candidate to foster a culture of safe survey practices, including mentoring, encouraging, and leading survey contractors in their continuing development on the Shell journey of Goal Zero
- Planned and executed on schedule within the allocated budget. This will mean the day-to-day management of Vendor partners for safe and efficient operations, progress reports, technical decisions, and management of change. You will also be required support your colleagues on their assigned projects.
- Ensuring geodetic integrity is maintained.
- To act ethically in all internal / external engagements.
- To be a proactive member of the local Geomatics community, collaborating across the teams and engaging externally. To participate and contribute to the global Geomatics community.
- Implement geospatial and/or remote sensing data analysis, data compilation, active data quality/integrity assurance to maximize the value of geo-information acquired.
- Advocating the identification, acceptance, and implementation of survey technologies, techniques, and practices.
What We Need From You?
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSc), Master’s Degree (MSc) in a directly-related Geomatics / Geo-Information Science or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University. CAT A / B Hydrographic Surveying qualification. Is highly desirable. Professional accreditation is highly desirable to Hydrographic Professional Accreditation Scheme (HPAS).
- An active focus on continuous improvement, recognition of new opportunities to realise business value from spatial data and application of value adding technology.
- 3-5 years of industry experience in delivering offshore survey projects in both deep / shallow water with a focus on safe delivery and technical excellence coupled to integration of geoinformation to provide high-value insights.
- Experience in the use of BlueMarble Geographic Calculator, ESRI ArcGIS Pro, QPS QIMERA / Fledermaus and AutoCad. Additional experience in ESRI Server GIS applications, SQL, Safe FME and spatial programming would be advantageous. Knowledge of remote sensing is desirable.
- To be a natural integrator with experience in coordination of activities across internal / external stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and talented organization. You will need to be able to influence a range of internal and external stakeholders by articulating the business value of geomatics services and products.
How to Apply for Shell Petroleum Development Company
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.