First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Category Manager (Services)- See the application process, recruitment form, requirements, qualifications, closing date, and other registration processes for interested candidates below.
Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible using the guidelines below. The deadline this year is 9th November, 2023.
About First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are pleased to let you know that the First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment portal is currently accepting applications from interested candidates wishing to work in the banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager (Services)
Requisition ID: 947
Job Schedule: Full time
- To develop and implement a category management approach and strategy in line with the Bank’s Procurement Strategy.
- To drive strategic category sourcing, procurement and internal stakeholder management activities in a bid to deliver total cost of ownership savings for procurement categories.
- To ensure efficient implementation of the Bank’s expenditure budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for category related procurement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement category management strategies utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach to increase market competitiveness and sustain ongoing category improvements
- Maintain deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences
- Plan category related procurement activities for the financial year and periodically review category spend to identify and pursue strategic sourcing and demand management opportunities
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s Procurement Policy for procurement categories and activities
- Develop and maintain a Category Sourcing Plan to coordinate sourcing and contract management activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and monitor category sourcing and supply plan for the various categories to ensure appropriate alignment and customer satisfaction
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams during sourcing events and negotiations for applicable categories to ensure best value with regard to pricing and quality
- Oversee execution of procurement purchases utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach
- Drive development of sustainable partnerships with strategic suppliers for procurement related categories
- Active involvement in the contractor/vendor pre-qualification process for approved category related projects
- Manage influence-able spend via demand management and flagging of maverick spend to ensure costs are managed properly under procurement related categories
- Ensure adherence to defined parameters for quality assurance of goods/services received as well as the escalation route for complaints/rejection
- Prepare and review periodic reports of trend analysis for category spend
- Support in analysis and preparation of Executive Management reports and Board papers on procurement spend, cost savings and ongoing projects as required
- Supervise and provide leadership direction for Category Specialists and Procurement Analysts
- Undertake any other responsibilities as requested by the Head of Department, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Hand book of the Bank.
- Identify and drive implementation of procurement process improvements related to the category
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on internal market forecasts and internal requirements, external benchmarking studies and/or market trends including, but not limited to, future spend opportunities, category risks, and supplier sustainability
- Conduct periodic appraisal of supplier performance to validate ability of suppliers to meet defined standards and rate suppliers accordingly
- Develop and implement appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms that clearly highlight cost savings achieved by category/supplier
- Support achievement of procurement performance objectives
Requirements for First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment
To be eligible to apply for First Bank Recruitment,ensure you possess the following requirements below
- Minimum Education: A good First Degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage).
- Minimum experience: 8 years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply for First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline for First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment
First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment application closing date is 9th November, 2023 (02:06 PM).
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.