Financial Reporting Accountant at Unilever Nigeria Plc
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
Unilever Nigeria Plc is recruiting for :
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant, Location: Lagos, Employment Type: Full-time
Please read the following Unilever Nigeria Plc job description for the position carefully before applying and ensure that you complete each step. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Financial Accountant role is responsible for ensuring that numbers are right on time and first time, all financial fiscal obligations are met (including financial accounting and statutory reporting), that the right controls are in place to manage risks without hampering business and all specialist finance functions including tax, pensions and treasury.
- The role is also responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of the business in full compliance with International Accounting Standards while providing insightful analysis of the company’s financial statements to help decision making.
- Preparing of the financial statements of the company (statement of comprehensive income, statement of financial position and statement of cash flow) in accordance with IFRS and Unilever standard chart of accounts (SCOA)
- Preparing of monthly working capital (WC) of the organisation in SAP.
- Calculating and interpretations of financial ratios.
- Preparing the annual booklet of the company.
- Monthly review of indirect and administrative cost postings made into the system.
- Providing commentary on the results for the Financial Controller.
- Quarterly publication of the financial results in the appropriate media/channels
- Preparing quarterly presentation for statutory board meetings.
- Preparing of quarterly presentation for board audit committee meeting.
Month end coordination (MEC):
- Prepare and send the MEC checklist together with the Issue log ahead of the month end and coordinates the month end process of SAP.
- Check for deviation in the Payroll file
- Ensure any amendments in headcount is correctly reflected by HR team.
- Maintain cost centre structures within SAP
- Follow up on all MEC issues and ensures all issues are resolved on time
- Provide consultancy to internal customers, regarding cost control, through regular meetings.
- Manage IP/Ariba/DCIW processes relating to Site Financial Accounts. Liaise with the outsourced account payable function to ensure correct accounting for payments to/from site.
- Balance Sheet and P&L integrity, risk and control by providing reconciliations and commentaries to the National Finance Director
- Accrual sign-offs
- Liaison with external auditors
- Responsible for the management of GL transactions/reporting for the Country
- 3rd party & OC R2R interface
- Global reporting
Relevant Skills & Experiences
- Degree in Accounting & Membership of any professional Accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- Knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Unilever Accounting Policies & Standard Chart of Accounts (SCOA)
- Good Communication Skills & Customer service mindset
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial accounting, Bookkeeping knowledge, and fundamental accounting experience.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Information is power and sharing is caring, we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.