Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit Recruitment for Front Desk Officer
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
Applications are invited for the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit Recruitment to fill the position of Front Desk Officer.
The steps listed below will guide you in applying for the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit recruitment 2023. For you to stand a chance of being selected for this position, you must do the following..
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Vacancy No.: 069
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Country Office
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2023.
GIZ. Solutions that work:
- As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
- The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector, and governments of other countries.
- We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. Our approximately 23,500 employees, almost 70 percent of whom are national personnel, work in a round 120 countries (July 2020)
- GIZ has worked in Nigeria since 1974. From 2004, GIZ has maintained a country office in the capital city Abuja. Currently 361 national and 66 international employees, 19 regional staff, 4
- integrated specialists and 3 development workers are working in the country (June 2020).
- GIZ Country offices are the central element of GIZ’s field structure. They ensure consistent overall representation of the company and its successful positioning as a service provider in the international cooperation market. They are headed by a country director.
- The country directors represent GIZ as a whole in the country or countries they service. The country director is responsible for shaping the GIZ country portfolio and assuring its quality, and in particular ensures that GIZ activities in all business sectors are coherent.
- The country directors generally have management responsibility for the officers responsible for commissions in the public-benefit TC measures in their area.
- The GIZ Offices provide human resources and commercial support services for programmes and projects in their areas. These services must be contracted as set out individually in the respective processes and rules sections.
- Furthermore, the GIZ Offices perform internal audits of the project administrations in the public-benefit sector, and by agreement for International Services projects and offices too
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Front Desk Officer is responsible for:
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing professional phone service, personally welcoming visitors, and maintaining a high standard in the reception area
- Register incoming and outgoing emails and invoices.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings and meeting room
- Performing reception and secretariat services daily.
The Front Desk Officer:
- Registers, documents, and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (fax, emails, packages, and personally delivered messages)
- Ensures the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery, refreshments, and material (e.g., pen, forms, newspapers, etc.)
- Stands in for the Hospitality Officer when unavailable.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
Office work and services:
The Front Desk Officer:
- Ensures creation and regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, fax, email)
- Maintains a record of travel claims and other documents with the Country Office.
- Assist the Fleet Unit in organizing and assigning Drivers to airport and destination pick up and drop off.
- Processes reports (scan) and invites travelers for travel claims and settlement.
- Generate an invoice template for telephone bills and invoices/receipts like Rent, Fuel, etc.
- Keeps and secures the tender box keys and observes when the tender box is being opened.
- Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (email, fax, other official documents)
- Is responsible for distributing and accepting documents and packages to/from the post office,
- government institutions, embassies, etc., and is responsible for these.
- Ensures periodicals are put out and updates the information on the notice board.
- Coordinates and organizes the GIZ Country Office meeting rooms.
- Prepares and organizes information materials for meetings/workshops.
- Processes report for invoices and receivables to the clients.
Other duties/additional tasks:
- The Front Desk Officer performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
For you to be eligible for the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit Recruitment ,candidates should possess the following conditions.
- Minimum of HND degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Mass communication, or a related field.
- At least one year’s professional experience in a comparable position.
- GIZ experience is an added advantage.
Desired additional qualifications, competencies, andexperiences:
- Proficiency in ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Hand-on experience with office equipment.
- Professional Attitude and appearance.
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change.
- Solid written and oral knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German.
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
According to GIZ Salary Scale for Band 2
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using vacancy no. 069 as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.