Communications Associate at the Edo Museum of West African Art (MOWAA)-How to Apply
The Edo Museum of West African Art (MOWAA) calls for applications from all eligible and interested applicants wishing to fill the position of Communications Associate. Information about the procedures to follow, the things required, how you can apply, important things you need to know about the process and many other things pertaining to the exercise will be communicated to you in this article. So make sure you stay put. Take your time and read through this article carefully to avoid mistakesMuseum of West African Art (MOWAA) moves beyond the notion of the “museum” as a building and “research” as purely academic knowledge. In its very essence, it will be a living institution relevant and connected to the contemporary. It will expand public space and bridge traditional divides of heritage and living culture, demonstrating a strong continuum between past, present and future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Associate
Location: Remote, but ideally located in UK or West Africa
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Communications team to understand what is happening across the organisation as necessary, including liaising with other teams to understand and support their communications and marketing needs.
- Act as a brand guardian and deliver relevant training.
- Any other tasks that may be required from time to time, as determined by the Line Manager
- Project manage video and photo content capture at museum building site to document construction progress.
- Coordinate videographer and photographer schedules, shots, and ongoing access to building site.
- Work with external parties to manage post-production of all video and photos captured.
Ensure you meet up with the following criteria before applying:
- Candidates should possess a BA Degree in Communications or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in communications, public relations, social media management or related field
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of photography/videography and content production preferred
- Willingness to perform other duties and projects as needed
- Strong project management abilities and comfortable working on several different projects with different deadlines
- Excellent analytical, research, creative problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
- Passion for the arts, culture, museums
- Excellent written communication skills, including spelling and grammar.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and any examples of previous work to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date
In other to get an opportunity, summit an application on or before 6th November, 2023.