Analyst – Business Analyst, Information Technology at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Yes, MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position contained below. Interested Candidates should apply for MTN Nigeria recruitment only through the MTN portal…See link below
The closing date for the Analyst – Business Analyst, Information Technology at MTN Nigeria is out and contained below. Keep reading…
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst – Business Analyst, Information Technology
Job Identification 3501
Location: Falomo, Ikoyi – Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Division: Information Technology
Reports To: Manager – Digital Customer Management Systems
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see More New Available Jobs in Nigeria Now!
- The business analyst defines project requirements in line with EPIC customer experience and needs, designing and recommending innovative Agile solutions that deliver value to stakeholders, and creating operational effectiveness and excellence in the business.
- Define problem statement, opportunity or constraint based on understanding of the current state. Conduct pre-session research to understand business case motivating factors, business objectives, and desired future state using agile methodology.
- Consult experts to find out more about the area of concern, problem, or business objectives through observing and engaging with people (business stakeholders and customers) to understand motivations and stakeholder goals.
- Analyze and simplify requirements / objectives with key stakeholders.
- Plan stakeholder engagement and identify and compile a list of personas, their characteristics, and their responsibilities. Identify stakeholders who will have the responsibility and authority to make decisions about business analysis work, including who will be responsible for setting priorities and who will approve changes to business requirements.
- Build relationships with business units and teams to uphold the MTN brand.
- Develop an understanding of business analysis requirements and ensure project “delivery” and “quality” key performance indicators are met.
- Liaise with vendors and the business team for pilot execution and proof of concept.
- Complete an analysis of business unit requirements as they relate to technical infrastructure and drive implementation.
- Review AS-IS business processes and procedures, analyze business needs, gaps, and related data, determine possible solutions, and define requirements.
- Facilitate early-stage workshops (e.g., white board sessions, ideation, and design thinking sessions, as well as JAD) with stakeholders to understand their needs, analyze them, and elicit requirements. Capture information in a format that is specific to the elicitation activity, e.g., user stories, customer journeys, prototypes, etc.
- Prepare materials and facilitate workshops and consultations; structure insights; summarize insights into a visual presentation about the user’s needs; identify pain points and areas for improvement.
- Assisting to identify where on the backlog (in your squad), requirements are similar and can be grouped together to save time and innovate
In other to be considered for MTN recruitment, kindly ensure you meet up with the following criteria below:
- Minimum 5-year Degree or Diploma in the relevant discipline
- Six Sigma certification will be an advantage.
- Fluent in English
- A diploma in business analysis is required.
- Certification in design thinking frameworks is required.
- Relevant Agile qualification is required (SAFe, or scrum, Kanban agile foundation course).
- Facilitation certification is essential.
- 3–7 years’ experience, which must include:
- Experience in business analysis in solution development lifecycle projects or programs
- 2 years of facilitation experience ios essential.
- Proven experience in facilitating white-boarding sessions with cross-functional teams and working on large-scale technology projects
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an Agile environment is essential.
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Experience in modeling techniques and methods is required.
- Working/project experience advantage:
- Previous experience working on complex projects will be a strong advantage.
- A strong understanding of good customer experience principles is an advantage.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in the following will be considered a definite advantage:
- Principles of quality standards: ISO 9000, 9002, Six Sigma, CMMi, and COBIT
- Principles of leading practice processes and operational frameworks: e-TOM, SCOR, DCOR, and CMAT
- Principles of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks: Zachman, TOGAF, and NGOSS
- Process repository modeling tools, e.g., ARIS, Casewise, Visio, Abacus, etc.
How to Apply for MTN Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN) does not and will never ask for payment of any kind from applicants in all MTN’s recruitment processes and stages such as job application, CV review, interview, meeting, and final processing of applications.
- MTN is not liable for fraudulent publication of job offers in MTN’s name or for the fraudulent use of MTN’s name in any manner whatsoever.
- For whistle blowing and reporting fraudulent recruitment activities, contact us via: MTNN.ForensicServices@mtn.com.
Application closing date is 20th November, 2023; 22:59. Ensure you submit your application before the deadline as it may not be extended. Incomplete application will not be considered and don’t apply more than once.