American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2024/2025-Application Guidelines
This portal will guide you on how to apply for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2024/2025,requirements,scholarship worth, application closing date and more information you may like to know.So take this guide very seriously because all the information you need to know regarding scholarship process is on this page.
The application process is pretty straightforward. To apply, follow the procedures below.
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship fosters international diversity and increases educational opportunity and access. The A.U. Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision by fusing the best aspects of A.U., including academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement.
With a commitment to fostering constructive civic and social change, the A.U. E.G.L. will return home to enhance underprivileged and neglected communities in their native nation. Meet today’s motivating A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholars and the recent E.G.L.S. alums.
There is only one international recipient of this highly esteemed scholarship each year, and it covers tuition, fees, housing, and board. It is extendable for a maximum of four undergraduate years of study.
About 100 students apply each year out of the nearly 1,000 inquiries the Office of Enrollment receives from international students worldwide. A rigorous series of Zoom interviews and unique essays are required of the five A.U. E.G.L.S. finalists before a candidate is chosen.
To increase A.U.’s international diversity and provide international undergraduate students with more excellent educational opportunities, Evelyn Levinson, the director of international admissions, created the A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (A.U. E.G.L.S.) in 2011.
The A.U. Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision by fusing the best aspects of A.U., including academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. Levinson had a vision for A.U. E.G.L. Scholars who would be committed to bringing about positive civic and social change and then return to their home countries to enhance the underprivileged and under resourced communities there.
Moreover, A.U. E.G.L.S. would represent A.U. as ambassadors among overseas students. These students have not let me down. The A.U. E.G.L. scholarship is renewable for four years of undergraduate study if good academic performance is maintained. A.U. offers a wide range of degrees, so interested students are welcome to apply.
Necessary: Only one Fall 2024 A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship will be awarded. If you want to apply, you can qualify for partial merit scholarships, even if you are not chosen as the 2024 A.U. E.G.L. recipient. But you must document more donations over the U.S. $ 4,000 you first contributed. The projected expenses amount to US$78,296 for the 2024–2025 school year.
How to Apply
To be successfully apply for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2024/2025,follow the application procedure below:
- You did not graduate from high school in 2022.
- You may be a dual citizen of the United States and another nation, a permanent resident of the United States, or a citizen of the United States and another country.
- A.U. E.G.L.S. candidates must submit a Regular Decision application by August 2024, the autumn. Early Decision (E.D.) should not be used.
- You are enrolled in post secondary education at another university in the United States or your native country or have already started your studies there.
Kindly note that preference will be given for:
- sub-scores on the paper-based TOEFL (as of May 31, 2017) of 24+
- IELTS 7.0 or above (all subscores must be 6.0 or higher)
- 33 S.A.T. minimum Minimum reading subscore of 29 and minimum A.C.T. English of 65 P.T.E. 125+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 115 or higher)
- 185 or higher on the Cambridge Assessment of English. The minimum score for each subscore is 169.
- International students have a track record of success, as well as students from various underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- a minimum of 3.8 GPA equivalent for grades 9 through 12 out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of the graduating class).
- A track record of excellence in leadership, community service, voluntarism, and meeting the needs of citizens in their nation.
- Students who possess one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (every subscore needs to be 20 or higher)
- Students who will graduate from secondary or high school by June 2024 but are still enrolled.
- Important: I.B. students should aim to complete three H.L. subjects and receive a full I.B. diploma upon graduation. Under the British A-Levels system, students must finish 13 years of education and at least three A levels by August 2024.