2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program For Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs-Application Guidelines
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
Target Audience: This is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
The annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
The programme takes a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training : This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
Training Programme Process Flow
- All applicants must register on the DBN BizAid application.
- All applicants must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping,
- Sustainability for MSMEs,
- Marketing and Sales Techniques,
- Credit Management/Access to Finance.
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- Training will commence on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be considered for the Program, you must:
- The owner of a business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs.
Activity / Start Date – End Date
- Registration and online training on the DBN Biz Aid / 06-May
- Application process for face-to-face training / 10-Jul – 17-Jul
- Selection and announcement of shortlisted participants for the face to face training / 24-Jul – 25-Jul
- Face to Face training in Abuja / 31-Jul – 04-Aug
- Face to Face Training in Lagos / 14-Aug – 18-Aug
- Face to Face Training in Port Harcourt / 25-Aug – 01-Sep
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply